After several months of silence. I doing persistent force over my laziness to do work for port ELWIX libraries to Linux. This is not quite easy task in summer months 😀
Now I did new version of libelwix 4.3 and most important libaitrpc 9.3. Actually first compatible version for Linux. 😉
Summery over changes are:
– libelwix change return manner of e_gethostbyname()
– libaitrpc else I found and I fixed one a bug. When we have not kqueue support for signals and we should to do our job with native signal catch way. On this way argument of same signal handler routine got different meaning. I forgot this in past when I did implementation. Oups … , but not crucial for whole work of RPC on systems without kqueue support etc … this bug is not observed till this moment on any kind of systems with kqueue like ALL BSD-es, because they operate with straight/native kqueue way for BSD which is implemented/wrapped in libaitsched task support. 😀 😀
I’m not big fan of Linux, just I’m loving BSD and working on BSD! 😀 World is cruel and I should working and with Linux messes.
Shit happens on everyone, not whether, but when this will comes true. (ROFL) 😀
Best regards from me and let’s have a nice day.
P.S. Road to Hell have pavement only with good intentions! 😉
After near one year of silence. I dare to build new version of ELWIX.
I did audit on project core code base and I thinking to bring some fuel & fun into the project … viz … I will give a chance for using ELWIX libraries onto Linux 😀
I want to compile and using ansh client, mqtt client and other ELWIX software on Linux.
Those thoughts bring to us new version of libelwix i.e. version 4.0! 😉
– Fix some little bugs …
– Final variant routine about Ethernet address change
– PORT whole library code for using under Linux
After finalize this. I did port and for libaitcfg version 7.7! 😀
– Also PORT whole library code for using under Linux
Cheers & Enjoy!
libaitsched has new stable version 6.2
All updates into this library for current version are issues related and arrived from OpenBSD port.
– Adds preventive mutex trylock, before mutex unlock at schedEnd(). OpenBSD haves problem with mutex, if it not locked when we do unlock on it.
libaitrpc has new stable version 9.2 with many changes which comes from refactoring of library structure.
I found big issue with OpenBSD sockaddr_storage structure!!! It size is 256 bytes in OpenBSD, but ss_len is 8 bits width! When we want to do sizeof sockaddr_storage into ss_len, we doing overflow of variable and actually we has 0 in ss_len …. Idiotically situation with OpenBSD implementation of sockaddr_storage structure. I have no words … 😀
– Separate RPC client from mainstream library. Now aside from big one libaitrpc. We have and only client libaitrpc_cli.
– Fix RPC shutdown processing, when we have running BLOB server or when we works with local sockets.
– Fix OpenBSD port issues.
P.S. I did tarball for libaitrpc-9.2 at Downloads section.
Cheers fellows! 🙂
ELWIX program scheduler libaitsched has new version 6.1
– Ported library to run under OpenBSD
– Sets this library like base major version 6 for ELWIX OS
You can find tarball of libaitsched-6.1 library into Downloads page 😉
I did release of new version of libelwix 3.8
– Reworks mpool_realloc() and fix one bug
– Adds mpool_dump() for easy memory pool dump interface
Also I made and published libelwix-3.8 and libaitcfg-7.6, like tar balls for downloads.
Now you can find them into Downloads page.
Before many years I wrote this software for Chroot and SUID management of FastCGI/CGI hostings. I don’t like suexec program solution included in Apache project. It’s enough poor for ordinary or business use case.
After couple days of struggle with Apache + FastCGI and ownCloud on hosting. I had success story for this case with full dynamic chroot and different user from Apache for FastCGI process.
Pretty much issues around this problem and further solution with my suX inspired me to share my knowledge for this problem with you as well. I decided to publish suX project under BSD license to give chance to profit from it more people.
That’s ALL!!! Stop watching and let’s suX be free …
suX can be found like tarball from here : suX-3.3
Goodbye and farewell! Cheers at all … 🙂
Ansh version 2.0 was released!
New version has small changes according last versions of ELWIX core libraries.
Have a nice work with ansh 🙂
New major version 9.0 of libaitrpc is out!
I am added support for RPC messaging direct over IP protocol.
Optimize RPC client side and change ELWIX RPC protocol version to 9.
Now libaitrpc library is released … Now time will comming for new version of ELWIX!
ELWIX RPC library libaitrpc has new major version 8.0!
New version became major because I changed header format.
What this mean? Adds new field in RPC Call packet for loop detection feature.
– Modified RPC Call packet header
– Adds new feature. Support RPC over inner system pipe transfer between parent/child process
– Activated loop detection feature
Best Regards from ELWIX!
ELWIX have two new version of libraries libelwix 3.5 and libaitio 7.2
ChangeLog for libelwix 3.5 ::
– Moved from libaitio some ethernet helper functions
– Changes member name of ethernet address structure
– Modified e_addrcmp() routine. Adds byte-to-byte compare for entire sockaddr_t if family is AF_UNSPEC
ChangeLog for libaitio 7.2 ::
– Moved couple of ethernet helper functions at libelwix
This is very important for next versions of libaitrpc.
Enjoy of life 🙂